Wells Fargo Center Announces Next Step In $300m Arena Transformation With Complete Overhaul Of The Club Level
Nov 24, 2021
Wells Fargo Center today announced the next phase of its $300 million, multi-year Transformation project: a completely reimagined Club Level offering world-class amenities and custom experiences. The announcement comes on the heels of the replacement of the Club Level’s guest seating that took place over the summer. The upcoming work will include the construction of a brand-new, open-concept floor plan, a Premium Seating Entrance and welcome area, and new specialty seating options. After transforming the mezzanine, main concourse, New City Terrace, and Suite Level, the Club Level overhaul is the final interior, fan-facing phase of arena’s multi-year Transformation project.
Construction on the Club Level will begin following the completion of the Flyers and 76ers seasons and will debut in Fall 2022. Future phases of the Transformation project will include an overhaul to the arena’s Event Level, including new team locker rooms and performer amenities, and upgrades to the building’s exterior.
“This is just the latest step in our $300 million commitment to maintaining Wells Fargo Center’s status as a world-class venue and Philadelphia’s premier entertainment venue for decades to come,” said President of Business Operations, Valerie Camillo. “The reimagined Club Level will instantly become Philly’s premier entertainment experience, and from the moment our Club Level guests arrive at Wells Fargo Center, they’ll be treated to top-of-the-line experience and first-class amenities you won’t find anywhere else.”
With Wells Fargo Center now hosting full capacity events and many companies returning to entertaining for business purposes post pandemic, the completely redesigned Club Level comes at a pivotal time.
“We spared no expense and pored over every detail to ensure the new Club Level is not only an ideal place for businesses to host their top clients, but also a great option for gathering friends, families and groups.” said Chief Business Officer, Mike Shane.
New, Open-Concept Layout and Premium Seating Entrance
The all-new Club Level’s extensive redesign will transform the current multi-box structure of the Club Level and open up more than 13,000 square feet to create a premium, open-concept layout. The dynamic, modern space will feature a bevy of high-end amenities, several upscale dining options, and three unique seating options with oversized leather seats.
The premium seating experience will begin with a completely reimagined Premium Seating Entrance on the west side of the arena facing Broad Street. Upon entry, guests will be greeted with a new VIP lounge, including a custom bar with communal seating and fireplaces providing an opportunity to mingle, relax, and/or wait for guests to arrive. Additionally, the dedicated premium parking lot will be relocated directly adjacent to the entrance and will feature direct access to and from Broad Street, easing entry and departure pathways to and from the arena on event nights.
Curated Food and Drink & Celebrity Chef Program
As Philadelphia’s outstanding culinary scene continues to gain national and global recognition, Wells Fargo Center is also focused on bringing the best local food and beverages, curated by local chefs, mixologists, and more, to the arena. The brand-new Club Level will feature a local Celebrity Chef Program to celebrate Philadelphia’s passion for excellent cuisine and the special relationship that exists between sports, entertainment, and great food. Specialty menus from these chefs will be featured at two cornerstone food stands on the level. More details on the Celebrity Chef Program will be announced in the coming months.
State-of-the-art touchscreen ordering kiosks will also be available for guests, with the option to have orders to be delivered directly to guest’s seats. The Club Level is currently the only area of the venue that is utilizing in-seat delivery via mobile app ordering and will continue to do so after the renovation.
The new Club Level will also feature several exclusive upscale bars including a wine bar and whiskey and craft beer bar. Beyond the reimagined food and beverage program, Club Level guests will also enjoy premium exclusives only available on the new Club Level. A secure coat check will be installed in the VIP Lobby in addition to multiple merchandise kiosks that will offer high-end, luxury apparel only available on the Club Level.
New Seating Options
Two new seating offerings will place additional finishing touches on the Club Level’s grand transformation. Located front and center on both sides of the arena, the Club Premier section of the level will take Club Seat Holders closer to the action than ever before with four rows that extend from the original seating layout towards the arena floor. Seats included in these sections will enjoy enhanced in-seat service, providing members an expansive menu from Celebrity Chef locations, fan favorite bites, and meal selections from the most popular stands around the arena.
The second new seating option is a first-of-its-kind in the Philadelphia market: the Club Loge offering combines the intimacy of club seats, along with the amenities of a suite for a uniquely semi-private viewing experience.
Every Club ticket holder gains exclusive access to benefits unique to the level. In addition to priority access to Wells Fargo Center concerts and Playoff tickets, every in-game ticket will come pre-loaded with up to $30 per game to be used throughout the arena, including merchandise. Other benefits include special experiences like golf outings, an optional on-site wine or liquor locker, and guaranteed playoff ticket access.
Those interested in learning more can visit WellsFargoCenterPhilly.com/brand-new-club-level or call 215-389-9500 to schedule a tour of the brand-new Club Level Preview Center with a dedicated premium seating representative.
The Wells Fargo Center Transformation project has already been a significant economic driver for South Philadelphia and the entire region, supporting local businesses and hundreds of jobs. The project also serves as a critical, long-term investment in the one-of-a-kind South Philadelphia Stadium District, home to the city’s three major sports and entertainment venues. The Stadium District is the product of decades of continued investment, and boasts significant supporting infrastructure, including highway and mass transit access, strong neighborhood engagement, and future development opportunities that are impossible to replicate.
The start of the Transformation project dates back to 2016 when Wells Fargo Center was selected to host the Democratic National Convention and the arena began remodeling its entire Suite Level. Since then, the Transformation has re-conceptualized nearly every level of the building and has brought innovation and specialization to every guests’ experience. Other major phases and upgrades so far include:
- First-of-its-Kind Scoreboard: The world’s first Kinetic 4K center-hung scoreboard was installed in the fall of 2019 and features 65% more 4K LED screen real estate when compared to the arena’s former center-hung model and is larger than any arena scoreboard that hosts both NHL and NBA games. The agile Kinetic 4K system also features two massive crown trusses with independent movement and an unprecedented ability to expand and contract its main screens in order to best highlight the action below.
- Reimagined Concourse: In addition to 8,000 brand-new seats within the lower bowl and a new concierge-style Box Office, the Main Concourse was redesigned with a re-conceptualized approach to dining and social interaction. An LED video and lighting system were also installed which reacts in real time to carry the energy of the game to every corner of the Wells Fargo Center, including the concourse.
- New City Terrace: The upper level of the arena became one of the most coveted tickets in the building with an unprecedented mix of amenities and options that redefine traditional in-arena rituals for fans old and new. This level now includes: the Assembly Room, BetRivers.com Sports Lounge, Revolutionary Row, Liberty Lofts and the Disassembly (Rage) Room.
- An Exclusive Event Level Club: The Center City Club, located on the southeast quadrant of the Event Level, offers an unmatched entertainment atmosphere to the Wells Fargo Center. Just steps away from the action on the ice, court or stage, this exclusive club combines the city’s vibrant culture with a flair of luxury and curated modern ambiance. The space doubled from its previous size and offers a culinary experience found nowhere else in the arena.
- Major makeover for the Mezzanine Level: In the fall of 2018, Wells Fargo Center completed a total makeover of the Mezzanine Level, which accommodates approximately 40 percent of the arena’s total capacity. Not a single aspect of the Mezzanine Level’s original layout was left untouched, as new and expanded food and beverage options, concourse layouts with skyline views, over 150 new LED game-action screens, and upgraded points of sale were introduced.
For more information about the Wells Fargo Center Transformation, visit www.wellsfargocenterphilly.com/transformation.