Guest Services A to Z
The health and safety of our guests, employees, athletes, and entertainers is our top priority. That’s why we’ve invested millions of dollars, consulted with public health experts, and implemented dozens of new safety protocols to keep everyone as safe as possible at Wells Fargo Center. Thanks to all of these efforts, Wells Fargo Center is once again hosting events at full capacity.
The city of Philadelphia requires all guests without a religious or medical exemption to show proof of vaccination in order to enter the arena. This policy applies to fans 5 years and three months old and above.
Guests with a qualifying religious or medical exemption are able to enter the arena with proof of negative COVID-19 test taken within 24 hours of the event.
Children between 5 years and 3 months-12 years old must have at least one vaccine shot by January 3, 2022 in order to enter the building and must be fully vaccinated by February 3, 2022 to enter.
Also in compliance with the city of Philadelphia’s policies, all guests and employees are still required to wear a mask while inside Wells Fargo Center, except while actively eating or drinking.
More information at BackToBroad.com
The Wells Fargo Center management team is dedicated to providing superior customer service while ensuring the safety and security of all guests. The following guide provides information and policies/rules for attending events at the Wells Fargo Center.
Guests of the Wells Fargo Center are also subject to the Wells Fargo Center Code of Conduct, NBA Fan Code of Conduct as well as the NHL Fan Code of Conduct.
See our Accessible Seating page for details.
Our address is 3601 S. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148.
For directions, please visit our directions page.
Yes. At the Wells Fargo Center there are (3) Automated Teller Machines on the premises. These are located at section 102, section 219, and in the Cure Club.
Wells Fargo Center prohibits bags inside the venue in accordance with league and event guidelines and best security practices:
- This includes Backpacks, Purses, Clear Bags, Fanny Packs, Camera bags, Drawstring Bags, Totes and Suitcases.
- Hand clutches and wristlets are permitted but must not exceed 4.5” x 6.5” with or without handle and are subject to security inspection.
- Lockers are available for prohibited bags on the Broad Street side of the venue. *lockers are limited & subject to availability
- Lockers are priced based on bag size, ranging from $5 to $15, payable by credit cards only.
Wells Fargo Center is an inclusive and family friendly venue, so exceptions for bags are as follows:
- Medical equipment bag and Parental bag smaller than 14” x 14” x 6”.
- All exceptions must go through X-Ray screening at entry.
- Video and Audio recording devices are not permitted in the Wells Fargo Center
- No professional equipment, detachable lenses, or lenses longer than 2.5” are permitted
- GoPros and Contour cameras are not permitted
- Monopods, tripods and selfie sticks are not permitted
- Please note that the camera policy for each event is determined by the event and is subject to change
CAREERS AND EMPLOYMENT
Check out our employment opportunities.
For information on Philadelphia Flyers charitable donations or to request a donation, please visit https://www.nhl.com/flyers/community/community-relations
For information on Philadelphia Sixers charitable donations or to request a donation, please visit http://www.nba.com/sixers/donations
CHILDREN'S TICKET POLICY
Children two years of age and under do not require a ticket for most events, but will be required to sit on the lap of a paying customer.
Please note that this age requirement is subject to change based on the nature of the event.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Respect player and performer safety:
- Do not physically interfere with or inappropriately harass athletes or performers.
- Do not throw projectiles onto the playing surface/performance area (except in the event of a Flyers hat trick)
Respect the arena and arena staff:
- Follow direction from arena staff and treat them with respect.
- Do not damage the arena or property within the arena.
Respect other guests:
- Treat all other guests with respect and contribute to an environment of respect at Wells Fargo Center.
- Do not use offensive language or gestures concerning a person’s race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, creed, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin.
- Do not engage in any physical altercations or disruptive or inconsiderate behavior detrimental to the experience of other guests.
- Guests may report inappropriate behavior to the nearest usher, security staff member or other event personnel, or by texting 954-WFC-TEXT.
- All ticket holders are responsible for their conduct and the conduct of their guests and/or persons using their tickets.
- All guests must also comply with applicable NBA, NHL, NLL, and promoter codes of conduct.
- Violations of this Code of Conduct or any applicable Code of Conduct may result in ejection, arrest by police and the filing of criminal charges, and/or revocation of season ticket package, parking privileges or other benefits.
Guests may only sit in their ticketed seats and must present their tickets when requested.
The Wells Fargo Center is home to not only the Philadelphia Flyers and Philadelphia 76ers, but also your next business function! Our world-class facility is the ideal location to host any type of corporate event, from business dinners and presentations to private parties and entertaining clients. All of our meeting spaces offer state-of-the-art technology in a private and comfortable setting, making the Wells Fargo Center the most versatile and exciting meeting location in Philadelphia. If you would like to speak with someone to check the availability of our conference room space, please email WFC-CustomerService@comcastspectacor.com.
For a specific door opening time, please visit our event page at https://www.wellsfargocenterphilly.com/events/all and click on the event for the information.
The Wells Fargo Center is proud of its commitment to the guest experience and we are pleased when we hear of employees who perform in an exemplary manner. If you would like to give any of our employees special recognition, please email us at WFC-CustomerService@comcastspectacor.com
FAMILY RESTROOMS/CHANGING ROOMS
Family Restrooms are located behind Guest Services at Section 101.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Outside food and beverages, including water, are not permitted in the Wells Fargo Center. The Wells Fargo Center offers a wide variety of food and beverages at all concession and restaurant locations.
Please note: In an effort to lessen the impact on our environment, Wells Fargo Center has become a strawless building. If you wish to use a straw due to a medical condition, please approach our guest services counter located on the Concourse behind Section 124 (on the Broad Street side of the Wells Fargo Center) and on the Mezzanine Level at Section 214.
GUEST SERVICES DESK
Located on the Concourse behind Section 124 (on the Broad Street side of the Wells Fargo Center) and on the Mezzanine Level at Section 214
The Wells Fargo Center is able to store oversized bags in storage lockers located at the Box Office on the Broad Street side of the venue. These lockers are priced based on bag size varying from $5 to $15 and accept credit cards only. An exception will be made for declared medically necessary items, after proper inspection.
LOST AND FOUND
If you are a guest that has lost an item at the arena or on its grounds please contact our staff in person during the event (outside section 116) or by phone (215-389-9433). The Wells Fargo Center will make its best efforts to match found items with those reported lost by guests. Items turned into Lost and Found will be held for 30 days before being disposed of or donated to Flyers Charities. Credit cards will be held for 48 hours and then properly disposed of. The Wells Fargo Center is not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
METAL DETECTORS (Magnetometers)
All guests are subject to search prior to entering Wells Fargo Center
- Wells Fargo Center utilizes walkthrough metal detectors for all events
- Staff will visually conduct bag and metal detection inspections to identify prohibited items to ensure the safety of all guests
- If the Metal Detector (Magnetometer) alarm sounds, guests will be subject to a secondary screening, which may slow entry into the venue.
- All vehicles parking within Wells Fargo Center lots are subject to screening
- Guests will be asked to remove any attire or apparatus concealing identity upon entry*
- Any guest who declines to be searched or is in possession of prohibited items may be denied entry
*Exceptions are made for medical and religious purposes, after proper inspection
Wells Fargo Center reserves the right to refuse items which may cause a danger or disruption to the event or to other guests, or which are in breach of building policies and/or the list of prohibited items
- Weapons – guns – knives – chains – tasers – firearms
- Selfdefense sprays – mace – pepper spray
- Explosives – Fireworks – Ammunition
- Fuels – Torches – lighter fluid
- Hazardous items – chemicals – paint thinners
- Brass knuckles – black jacks – martial arts weapons
- Bats – billy clubs – night sticks – kubatons – spikes
- Razor type blades – box cutters – scissors
- Projectiles – Frisbees – beach balls – balloons
- Alcohol – Illegal drugs – drug paraphernalia
- Drones (UASUnmanned Aircraft Systems) or other aircraft
- Laser pointers – items intended to create optical distraction
- Aerosol cans or noisemaking devices – whistles – foghorns/air horns, plastic airhorns such as vuvuzelas and didgeridoos
- Hoverboards and skateboards
- Video and audio recording devices (see separate camera policy)
- Sealed packages of any kind – wrapped gifts
- Selfie sticks or telescopic devices – tripods – poles
- Pets (other than service animals or service animals in training)
- Attire that conceals identity*
- Large banners, signs and flags.
- Outside food and beverage (except baby food and medically necessary items)
- Coolers, hydration packs, bottles, cans or other beverage containers
- Any other items deemed inappropriate by arena personnel
- Wells Fargo Center will not check or store any of the above prohibited items
*Exceptions are made for medical and religious purposes, after proper inspection
AT&T Station is now NRG Station. For the SEPTA Broad Street line schedule, click here.
The Broad Street Line is the absolute best route to all the events at the Sports Complex in South Philadelphia. Offering quick service and unbeatable convenience without parking hassles or lengthy traffic jams.
SIGN, BANNERS, POSTERS AND FLAG POLICY
Unless otherwise specified, Wells Fargo Center welcomes guests to bring signs, banners, posters and flags into the arena that do not disrupt the viewing experience for other guests. The following guidelines apply:
- Item may not be larger than 11” X 17”
- Item may not be attached to a stick / pole
- Items must be constructed of cloth, paper or paperboard
- Item may not obstruct any sponsor or building signage
- Item may not be attached to or hung, taped or draped over any part of the building
- Content may not be political, ideological, or commercial in nature, as determined by Wells Fargo Center staff
- Item may not be constructed or displayed in a manner that obstructs the view of other guests, interrupts the experience of other guests or creates a safety hazard
- Item must be in good taste, and appropriate for the event
- This policy is subject to change based on Wells Fargo Center management’s discretion and without notice
The Wells Fargo Center is a smoke free arena. Smoking, including electronic cigarettes and vaporizers, is PROHIBITED in ALL AREAS of the arena. In addition, there are no designated smoking areas outside of the arena. Therefore, under the Wells Fargo Center no-re-entry policy, fans who leave the arena to smoke will not be permitted re-entry.
In an effort to lessen the impact on our environment, Wells Fargo Center has become a strawless building. If you wish to use a straw due to a medical condition, please approach our guest services counter located on the Concourse behind Section 124 (on the Broad Street side of the Wells Fargo Center) and on the Mezzanine Level at Section 214.
- Guests are encouraged not to bring strollers into the arena.
Strollers are not permitted in the seating sections of the arena due to potential safety hazards.
- Strollers may be checked into our Guest Services Desk behind Section 101
- Strollers are allowed in suites
- Guests are encouraged not to bring strollers into the arena.
TEAM STORE HOURS
Open only on gamedays.
The New Era Team Store is the Wells Fargo Center’s flagship retail store. It is located in the southeast side of the Main Concourse level and features licensed lifestyle apparel that the athletes wear during National Hockey League (NHL) and National Basketball Association (NBA) games played at the Wells Fargo Center. The Broad Street Team Store is located in the northwest corner of the Main Concourse Level and features lifestyle apparel for men, women and youth.The stores are open 1.5 hours before Flyers and Sixers games. A host of satellite retail locations offer guests a wide-ranging selection of team and entertainment merchandise. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards are accepted.
You can also check out our brand new online store at shop.wfcphilly.com to purchase all your Flyers and Sixers gear, including Wells Fargo Center exclusive items, that can only be found in stores, and online.
Fans who wish to report issues and concerns (e.g. security needed, spilled drink, medical issue, etc.) can do so in a quick and convenient manner by texting the Wells Fargo Center Text Assist Service. Send your inquiry to 954-WFC-TEXT. Wells Fargo Center personnel will respond in a timely manner to assist with your inquiry. Standard SMS text rates may apply.
Visit our Box Office page for more information about tickets.
The Will Call window at the Wells Fargo Center is located at the Box Office, located on the Southeast side of the building on 11th street facing Lincoln Financial Field..
For most events, the Will Call window opens 90 minutes prior to the start of the event.
For additional Box Office information and hours, click here.