Wells Fargo Center Security Policy
All guests are subject to search prior to entering Wells Fargo Center
- Wells Fargo Center utilizes walkthrough metal detectors for all events
- Staff will visually conduct bag and metal detection inspections to identify prohibited items to ensure the safety of all guests
- If the Metal Detector (Magnetometer) alarm sounds, guests will be subject to a secondary screening, which may slow entry into the venue.
- All vehicles parking within Wells Fargo Center lots are subject to screening
- Guests will be asked to remove any attire or apparatus concealing identity upon entry*
- Any guest who declines to be searched or is in possession of prohibited items may be denied entry
*Exceptions are made for medical and religious purposes, after proper inspection
Wells Fargo Center will allow bags inside the venue in accordance with league and event guidelines and best security practices. We now have bag entry locations at the Broad Street Entrance, the 11th Street entrance and the NEW Premium Entrance. These locations allow for bags that are larger than 4.5” x 6.5” and smaller than 14”x14”x6” to be X-Ray screened and permitted into the venue for both Flyers and Sixers games.
- Hand clutches, wristlets and small purses that do not exceed 4.5”x6.5” are permitted and will not require X-ray screening but are still subject to security inspection.
- Backpacks, suitcases and large multicompartment bags are restricted.
- Lockers are available for prohibited bags on the 11th Street side of the venue. *lockers are limited & subject to availability
- Lockers are priced based on bag size, ranging from $5 to $15, payable by credit cards only.
Wells Fargo Center is an inclusive and family friendly venue, so exceptions for medical bags are made are as follows:
- Medical equipment bag and Parental bag smaller than 14” x 14” x 6”.
- All exceptions must go through X-Ray screening at entry.
Rules are subject to change per family show and concert depending on tour policy*
Wells Fargo Center reserves the right to refuse items which may cause a danger or disruption to the event or to other guests, or which are in breach of building policies and/or the list of prohibited items
Prohibited Items (Including but not limited to):
- Weapons – guns – knives – chains – tasers – firearms
- Selfdefense sprays – mace – pepper spray
- Explosives – Fireworks – Ammunition
- Fuels – Torches – lighter fluid
- Hazardous items – chemicals – paint thinners
- Brass knuckles – black jacks – martial arts weapons
- Bats – billy clubs – night sticks – kubatons – spikes
- Razor type blades – box cutters – scissors
- Projectiles – Frisbees – beach balls – balloons
- Alcohol – Illegal drugs – drug paraphernalia
- Drones (UASUnmanned Aircraft Systems) or other aircraft
- Laser pointers – items intended to create optical distraction
- Aerosol cans or noisemaking devices – whistles – foghorns/air horns, plastic airhorns such as vuvuzelas and didgeridoos
- Hoverboards and skateboards
- Video and audio recording devices (see separate Camera Policy)
- Sealed packages of any kind – wrapped gifts
- Selfie sticks or telescopic devices – tripods – poles
- Pets (other than service animals or service animals in training)
- Attire that conceals identity*
- Large banners, signs and flags (see separate Signs, Banners, Posters and Flag Policy)
- Outside food and beverage (except baby food and medically necessary items)
- Coolers, hydration packs, cans or any metal beverage container (plastic refillable water bottles are allowed in but must be empty)
- Any other items deemed inappropriate by arena personnel
- Wells Fargo Center will not check or store any of the above prohibited items
*Collapsible and foldable umbrellas are allowed into the arena, long classical and straight umbrellas with pointed tips are not allowed.
**Exceptions are made for medical and religious purposes, after proper inspection
Signs, Banners, Posters and Flag Policy
Unless otherwise specified, Wells Fargo Center welcomes guests to bring signs, banners, posters and flags into the arena that do not disrupt the viewing experience for other guests. The following guidelines apply:
- Item may not be larger than 11” X 17”
- Item may not be attached to a stick / pole
- Items must be constructed of cloth, paper or paperboard
- Item may not obstruct any sponsor or building signage
- Item may not be attached to or hung, taped or draped over any part of the building
- Content may not be political, ideological, or commercial in nature, as determined by Wells Fargo Center staff
- Item may not be constructed or displayed in a manner that obstructs the view of other guests, interrupts the experience of other guests or creates a safety hazard
- Item must be in good taste, and appropriate for the event
- This policy is subject to change based on Wells Fargo Center management’s discretion and without notice
- Video and Audio recording devices are not permitted in the Wells Fargo Center
- No professional equipment, detachable lenses, or lenses longer than 2.5” are permitted
- GoPros and Contour cameras are not permitted
- Monopods, tripods and selfie sticks are not permitted
- Please note that the camera policy for each event is determined by the event and is subject to change
- Guests are encouraged not to bring strollers into the aren
- Strollers are not permitted in the seating sections of the arena due to potential safety hazards
- Strollers may be checked into our Guest Services Desk behind Section 101
- Strollers are allowed in suites
The Wells Fargo Center is a smoke free arena. Smoking, including electronic cigarettes and vaporizers, is PROHIBITED in ALL AREAS of the arena. In addition, there are no designated smoking areas outside of the arena. Therefore, under the Wells Fargo Center no-re-entry policy, fans who leave the arena to smoke will not be permitted re-entry.
Guests of the Wells Fargo Center are also subject to the Wells Fargo Center Code of Conduct, NBA Fan Code of Conduct as well as the NHL Fan Code of Conduct.
Guest Services Desk
Located on the Concourse behind Section 124 (on the Broad Street side of the Wells Fargo Center) and on the Mezzanine Level at Section 214
Fans who wish to report issues and concerns (e.g. security needed, spilled drink, medical issue, etc.) can do so in a quick and convenient manner by texting the Wells Fargo Center Text Assist Service. Send your inquiry to 954-WFC-TEXT. Wells Fargo Center personnel will respond in a timely manner to assist with your inquiry. Standard SMS text rates may apply.
* ALL WELLS FARGO CENTER POLICIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT MANAGEMENT’S DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE.