Wells Fargo Center Unveils New Details For “Winter On Broad Street: A Holiday Light Spectacular! Presented By Dietz & Watson”
Nov 9, 2020
PHILADELPHIA (Nov. 9, 2020) – All things merry and bright are coming to South Philadelphia this holiday season as “Winter on Broad Street: A Holiday Light Spectacular! presented by Dietz and Watson” spreads its magic across Wells Fargo Center’s open-air lots to bring the joy of the season to wintertime lovers of all ages. Running from Black Friday, November 27 through January 3, 2021, Winter on Broad Street will provide an immersive, one-of-a-kind experience offering a winter wonderland of lights, shopping, and dining.
Tickets are limited, selling fast and can be purchased now at WinteronBroadStreet.com.
Winter on Broad Street will offer an enchanting holiday experience for visitors every step of the way, beginning with a journey through 20-foot glowing baubles in the Ornament Orchard and luminous foliage in the Frosted Forest. Along the way, patrons can engage in Reindeer Games, indulge in s'mores around fire pits with friends and family, or head to Tinsel Towne Square for some live entertainment. After all the fun and games, guests will venture through Icicle Pass and into Toy Village to wrap up their winter adventure.
Also sprinkled along the path are numerous food and beverage locations – Holiday Spirits, Claus’ Kitchen, Tinsel Towne Treats, and the Broad Street Lodge – where guests can warm up with hot beverages and enjoy seasonal treats. A map of the entire Winter on Broad Street footprint can be downloaded here.
“The interest in Winter on Broad Street has been incredible, with certain time slots selling out within the first few days that tickets were made available,” said Wells Fargo Center’s Chief Business Officer, Mike Shane. “The overwhelming response shows that people are really looking for safe, outdoor, socially-distant ways to celebrate the season with family and friends this year. We are thrilled to be able to provide the city of Philadelphia with a safe way to celebrate the holidays this season.”
Winter on Broad Street will offer a myriad of holiday fun with the following culinary, retail and entertainment experiences along the way:
Snacks, Sweets and Holiday Spirits
The wintry landscape will offer a bevy of concession options, including four festively-named food and beverage areas sure to satisfy all sorts of seasonal cravings. Concession highlights include “Don’t Shoot Your Eye Out” Cheddar Beer Soup, McCallister Mac N’ Cheese topped with toasted Christmas cookies, Buddy’s Churros served with seasonal dipping sauces, and s’mores kits to take to the fire pits. Guests can enjoy these confections at designated, socially-distant seating areas.
Those looking for a little something to warm themselves up can choose from a menu of holiday spirits that include mulled wine, spiked drinks like hot chocolate, eggnog and cider, as well as specialty cocktails like the Gingerbread White Russian and Peppermint Bark Bubbles. The full menu of Winter on Broad Street food and beverage offerings is available here.
Tinsel Towne Square
As visitors approach the heart of their Winter on Broad Street journey, they will enter Tinsel Towne Square, the entertainment epicenter of this winter wonderland, which will showcase holiday-themed music and dance performances from local groups. Audiences will be limited during each performance to allow for safe social distancing.
Rounding out a night at Winter on Broad Street are several unique opportunities and “Reindeer Games” sure to bring joy to visitors of all ages. Highlights include:
- Gritty’s Season’s Greetings: Guests who secure a timeslot at Gritty’s mini workshop can snap a photo with the Santa-suit-clad mascot in the mascot’s designated photo area, presented by Dietz & Watson. Photos are $15 each for up to six people with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Flyers Charities. Photo opportunities are limited - guests are encouraged to book their photo session in advance here. A limited number of sessions will be available for purchase at the event.
- Curling: Visitors can test their curling abilities over a game on this Olympic-sized synthetic court.
Each game is $10 for 20 minutes of play and can accommodate up to eight players within one party.
In addition, a wide assortment of complimentary special experiences are built into the Winter on Broad Street exhibition. Highlights include:
- Holiday Hearthside: Guests are invited to warm up by these crackling fire pits and satisfy their sweet tooth by ordering a s’mores kit complete with all the fixings needed to make the nostalgic melted marshmallow treat. Fire pits are available on a first-come, first-served basis and can sit up to six people within one party.
- Reindeer Games: America’s favorite lawn games - winterized! Visitors can enjoy cornhole and giant versions of Jenga, Connect Four and Tic Tac Toe.
- Letters to Santa: Children and families are invited to stop by this socially-distant workshop to craft the perfect letter to Santa and drop it in the mail. Next stop - North Pole!
- Ornament Guessing Game presented by NovaCare Rehabilitation, the power of physical therapy: Visitors can put their skills to the test and guess how many ornaments are inside a giant, lifesize gift box. The closest guesser will win a pair of tickets to a Flyers game or Wells Fargo Center event – winner to be announced at the conclusion of Winter on Broad Street’s run.
- Ornament Decorating: Swing by this cheerful DIY holiday ornament workshop, perfect for all ages. Guests will have the option to craft complimentary, DIY ornaments, or upgrade to a special keepsake ornament for their tree.
For a full listing of experiences, visit WinteronBroadStreet.com.
Limited Edition Apparel
A pop-up line of apparel and gift items will be available exclusively at Winter on Broad Street every night of the exhibition’s run. These items include a Season Grittings t-shirt, Flyers winter beanie, Winter on Broad Street ornament, Ol’ Saint Grit hoodie, and Sixers ugly holiday sweater. In addition, the Wells Fargo Center team store will be open, with hours running Monday through Friday from 4-10 p.m.
An expanded line of holiday-themed Flyers, Sixers and Gritty items such as home decor, scarves, and clothing are available online for presale now at Shop.WFCphilly.com.
Special Events and Nights
Winter on Broad Street’s calendar will include several special events and theme nights over its 38-night run. The first of these to be announced is Bark in the Dark, taking place each Monday from 5-7 p.m., where patrons can venture through the holiday experience with their furry friends to take photos, enjoy food and beverage specials and take in the festive atmosphere. Tickets for dogs are just $10 with a portion of ticket proceeds benefiting Philly PAWS.
To learn more about upcoming special events and theme nights visit WinteronBroadStreet.com.
Conveniently located just steps from Wells Fargo Center, the vast footprint of Winter on Broad Street allows for a safe and socially-distant seasonal experience as patrons stroll through the 160,000-plus square foot layout boasting 193 larger-than-life light sculptures and displays in this twinkling metropolitan escape. In accordance with city guidelines, guests attending the holiday experience will be capped at a set number and required to wear a mask at all times, except while seated in designated food and beverage areas. Social distancing practices will also be facilitated through timed tickets and entry.
Tickets are extremely limited and start at $20 for adults and $15 for children under 13. Admission is free for children five and under. All ticket buyers will be required to select a designated arrival window when purchasing. Capacities are limited and sellouts are anticipated - patrons are encouraged to book their timed tickets early.
Winter on Broad Street is open 5-10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 5-11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. Ample parking is available for FREE in the Wells Fargo Center parking lots.
More information regarding Winter on Broad Street can be found here.